Monday, March 4, 2013

Rise and Shiny: Game of Thrones Ascent

Rise and Shiny: Game of Thrones Ascent:
Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Game of Thrones Ascent screenshot
There are several things that Game of Thrones Ascent, a social game by Disruptor Beam, does right. At the top of that list is the way the game works as a vehicle for easily digestible content, content that comes from some of the densest reading material in modern fantasy. For the record, I still haven't read any of the books that the Game of Thrones television series is based on, but luckily I have a wife who will simply burst with excitement when she reads some new tidbit... unless she tells the nearest person (me).



It must be hard making a game based on such a popular piece of fiction. The fact is that I didn't expect the little-known developers to do much good. I thought players would be smashing through a game that served as nothing but a cheap commercial for the HBO series. I was very wrong.
Continue reading Rise and Shiny: Game of Thrones Ascent
MassivelyRise and Shiny: Game of Thrones Ascent originally appeared on Massively on Sun, 03 Mar 2013 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | Email this | Comments