Filed under: Betas, Sci-fi, Galleries, Screenshots, Game mechanics, Previews, Opinion, Free-to-play, Hands-on, MMOFPS, Massively Hands-on, Firefall
As any fan of my streams can tell you, I am not awesome at video games. So when Massively asked me to take a look at Firefall, a twitch-heavy, free-to-play shooter developed by Red 5 Studios, it was only with trepidation that I accepted. Could I really find happiness in a world that relied on reflexes and skill more than clever spell rotations? Or would my incompetence make the game so frustrating that I would end up smashing my keyboard with my face?
After procrastinating for days and hoping that the project would vanish into the night (beta goblins or something), I finally sat down to check the game out. What I discovered is that Firefall is much more than a shooter; it is a vibrant universe packed with fun things to do, intriguing content to explore, and enough character customization to please even the most ardent of tweakers.
Continue reading Bugs, minerals, and jet boots: Hands-on with Firefall's PvE