Filed under: Fantasy, Video, Business models, Culture, Game mechanics, Interviews, Previews, PvP, PvE, Opinion, War, Free-to-play, Browser, Mobile, Casual, MMORTS, Livestream, Miscellaneous, MMObility, Sandbox, Anniversary
One of the greatest parts of my job is having the ability to take a peek into the minds of some of the industry's most creative developers. If an interview goes really well, I come away from it with not only a deeper understanding of mechanics or policies but some knowledge about the creative process. For me, MMOs represent a perfect storm of writing, music, art, and math; they click my creativity into hyperdrive. I couldn't write about MMOs if I didn't love them so much.
I'm not sure why I didn't notice German-based developer Innogames until relatively recently, but its lineup is more varied, challenging, and immersive than many of its rivals. It makes titles that offer a variety not only of gameplay but of accessibility. All of its titles can be played in a browser, and now a handful are available even on mobile.
I sat down with Innogames' Fabio Lo Zito during a livestream earlier this week to discuss what makes it all work.
Continue reading MMObility: Innogames' Fabio Lo Zito on cash shops, quality, and PvP